Programming Languages Experience


- Describe your experience building a program using the Scratch language. 
- Identify the difficulties that you encountered in Scratch, and explain how you overcame them. 
- Describe the insights that you gained about programming from this exercise. Compare your experience programming in Scratch with the participation activities in Sections 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, and 2.11 of the textbook that explored machine languages, assembly languages, high-level languages, such as Python. 
- Describe the differences between the programming languages. 
- Identify which language you found easiest to use. 
- Describe scenarios where each type of programming language would be most effective. 
- Explain which programming language you think is the most popular. 

 My experience with building a program with scratch was pretty unique. I have never made a story before especially using cartoons but I think I did pretty well for it being my first time. Learning how to control the communication and movement of the characters was a long process that took many attempts to get right. The problem I encountered when using Scratch to make my story is after my story is done making the characters reset to their original position. How I overcame this is by setting their positions and then making them repeat after the last message. I know it probably isn’t the correct way to do it but it worked. I learned how programming is a buildup of codes that cause actions within the program to conduct. Also, learning a little bit of the language when it comes to programming blocks was nice to learn a little bit about. Furthermore, my experience with Chapter 2 activities compared to Scratch was hard. I can tell it will take some time to fully understand all of the programming languages out there. Scratch was simple in the understanding of the actions being built up to produce actions or words for my characters. Programming languages like Java, Python, C++, and JavaScript give more control when it comes to programming a program down to specific details. I think Python was the easiest to when it came to me trying it out to use. I believe Python is the most popular because of how easy it is to use and the language doesn’t seem hard to learn and apply to daily programming operations. As my knowledge continues to grow in technology, I will further dive into increasing my practice and awareness of the programming languages out there. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Web/Mobile App (CashApp)

Newbie to Newbie on OOP and Java